Arab food would not be complete without this class side. Tabbouleh has a tangy flavor and a fiber-dense base that perfectly complements all your savory favorites. This version has a special medicinal twist of added gotu kola leaves, which have been used for thousands of years in India for anti-aging and boosting immune system activity.
- In a small saucepan, combine water and quinoa. Bring to a boil.
- Once the water has been absorbed and the quinoa grains are cooked, remove from heat.(25 minutes)
- Transfer to a large bowl to cool.(15 minutes)
- In a small bowl, mix together lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Mix gotu kola, mint, tomatoes, cucumber, and spring onions with the cooked quinoa.
- Pour in the dressing and toss until fully combined.(3 minutes)
- Serve at room temperature if desired, or let chill for one or more hours in the fridge to serve cold.
- Garnish with lemon slices and olives, and enjoy!