Making homemade granola bars gives you full control over the ingredients you use and their nutritional content. This particular recipe is rich in protein from quinoa, almond, and peanuts. The latter two also add a good dose of healthy fats and a lovely flavor. Sweetened with dates and maple syrup, these granola bars will soon become your healthy addiction.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (176 degrees C). Place the dates in a food processor and process them small and sticky.(3 minutes)
- In a bowl, mix together the dates, oats, quinoa flakes, and chopped almonds. Then heat up the peanut butter and maple syrup together in a microwave. Add the mixture to the bowl and give it all a good mix.(5 minutes)
- Transfer the mixture to a parchment paper lined, 8x8-inch baking dish and press it down firmly.(3 minutes)
- Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned.(15 minutes)
- Take out of the oven and let cool completely before slicing. Enjoy!