The combination of mushrooms and quinoa flour in these burger patties provides great nutritional benefits and a richness of flavor. Portobello mushrooms not only have a meaty texture, which makes them a favorite for vegetarians, but also are a great source of folate and B-complex vitamins. Quinoa, on the other hand, is a super versatile Andean cereal, known to be full of protein and essential minerals. Lastly, a generous amount of fresh parsley provides excellent levels of vitamin A and iron. These burger patties with quinoa and mushrooms are also baked, instead of fried, which cuts down on their fat content and makes them a truly nutritious and wholesome meal.
- Set the oven to 360°F (182°C). Chop the onion and the garlic as fine as possible. Set aside.(2 minutes)
- Quickly process the Portobello mushrooms into small pieces. They can be previously sliced to fasten the process.(1 minute)
- Add some olive oil to a pan and sautee the onion and garlic until translucid. Add salt and pepper to taste.(5 minutes)
- Add the processed or finely chopped Portobello mushrooms. Make sure the liquid of the ingredients evaporates before taking the pan out of the heat.(7 minutes)
- Add the mixture to medium sized bowl and set aside until room temperature. Meanwhile, chop a handful of fresh parsley leaves and set aside.(10 minutes)
- Once the mixture is room temperature, add the breadcrumbs, the quinoa flour, the parsley and the eggs. Mix everything with a wooden spoon until you can form small balls in your hands.(3 minutes)
- Form the mini burgers and set them on an oven tray. Bake for 15 minutes, then broil them for 5 more minutes or until they look nice and golden.(20 minutes)
Easy to prepare, these quinoa mushroom burgers make for a wholesome lunch or a healthy dinner idea, whether they are served alongside green salad or a wholegrain bun with lettuce, avocado, and fresh tomato and cucumber slices.
If looking for new and creative ways to include quinoa in your daily meals, try a Black Bean Quinoa Burger, Vegetarian Quinoa Meatballs, or a fresh Quinoa Maize Salad, among many other delicious recipes featuring this Andean superfood.