These cozy and aromatically spiced quinoa apple cider pancakes are guaranteed to make your day! The list of their ingredients is also impressive: quinoa - along with naturally gluten-free almond and oat flour - makes these fluffy pancakes rich in protein and soft in texture. Apple cider, deliciously paired with cinnamon, is known for its antimicrobial, hypoglycemic, and weight-loss effects in the body. It also readily shares its autumn flavors, making these quinoa pancakes a wonderful healthy breakfast idea for the upcoming weekend.
- Place the oats and almonds in a blender and process until finely ground. Transfer to a large bowl.(2 minutes)
- Add the quinoa flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Mix.(2 minutes)
- Mix in the eggs, milk, oil, and apple cider.(2 minutes)
- Lightly grease the skillet or griddle. Pour about 4 tablespoons worth of batter onto the skillet and cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Repeat with the remaining batter.(10 minutes)
- Top as desired and enjoy!
To top your quinoa apple cider pancakes as shown on the photo, heat up 1 tablespoon of coconut oil with 1 tablespoon of honey in a small skillet. Add the banana slices and fry for a few minutes until brown on both sides and coated in a thick sauce. Garnish with crushed walnuts and honey or maple syrup and enjoy!