Perhaps one of the easiest homemade bread recipes, this red quinoa bread will make you fall in love with bread-making! It is made with tender and delicious red quinoa, which has been found to contribute to reducing the risk of heart disease and diabetes by regulating cholesterol, blood pressure, and blood sugar. Paired with oats and sunflower seeds, this quinoa bread recipe also provides good amounts of protein and dietary fiber, essential for muscle formation and smooth digestion.
- Start by preheating the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Grind the oats in a blender until and add them to a large bowl.(1 minute)
- Add the red quinoa flour, salt, sunflower seeds, baking powder and soda. Give it all a mix.(3 minutes)
- Mix the milk, olive oil, honey, and vinegar and add it to the bow with dry ingredients. Stir well.(3 minutes)
- Pour the batter into a greased and lined with parchment paper bread pan (8"x5"). Garnish with extra sunflower seeds and quinoa flakes and bake for an hour. Place a piece of parchment paper on top of the pan for the first half an hour to prevent burning.(1 hour)
- Take out of the oven and let cool completely before slicing. Enjoy!
This red quinoa bread keeps well in the refrigerator. Being dense and delicious, it makes for a good base for healthy sandwiches. You may pair it with a variety of toppings, such as poached egg, maca hummus, cottage cheese, garlic guacamole, or pistachio-covered cashew cheese. Then add some slices of fresh avocado, tomato, cucumber, or alfalfa sprouts and you're all set for a delicious and wholesome meal!