Making granola at home is not only easy and cost-effective, but it is also a great way to sneak in nutrient-rich ingredients into your diet. Oats and quinoa in this recipe provide lots of dietary fiber, helpful in reducing high cholesterol and maintaining proper sugar levels. Maca is a superfood known for its hormone-balancing effects as well as its plethora of vitamins and minerals. The granola's crunchiness comes from energy-boosting cacao nibs and protein-rich sacha inchi. Sweetened with honey, it is the perfect on-the go-snack or a nutritious topping for yogurt and cereals.
- Start off by preheating the oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Add all of the dry ingredients to a large bowl and mix well so everything is well distributed.(2 minutes)
- Pour in the honey and coconut oil and mix well.(2 minutes)
- Spread the mixture evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for half an hour, stirring the mixture once half way through.(30 minutes)
- Take out of the oven and set aside to cool down. Store granola in an air-tight container to preserve its freshness.