This creamy sweet potato pie offers a combination of delicious flavors and warming spices, like cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. The filling is sweetened with pure maple syrup, while its crust is enriched with nutritious, gluten-free flour from quinoa, making this sweet potato pie a truly wholesome dessert.
- Cut the butter into small pieces. Using a fork, mix together the flour, butter chunks, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Once the mixture is combined, slowly add the ice cold water and give it a mix. The dough should look crumbly but stick together.(5 minutes)
- Grease a round baking dish with butter or cooking spray. Transfer the dough to the dish and press it down firmly to form the crust. Refrigerate for 1 hour.(1 hour)
- Prehead the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a food processor, blend the sweet potato and all of the remaining ingredients.(3 minutes)
- Pour the filling into the pie crust and bake for 1 hour.(1 hour)
- Let cool before serving. Enjoy!