Who said bell peppers cannot be stuffed with quinoa flakes? This stuffed peppers recipe comes together in minutes, especially when using canned beans, chickpeas, and corn, and it results in a deliciously flavored and nutritious meal. On top of that, using flaked quinoa cuts down on cooking time and enriches the meal with complete and easily digestible protein. Other ingredients, such as beans, chickpeas, and corn, also share their protein content as well as dietary fiber, manganese, vitamin B9, and potassium. Spiced with garlic, cumin, and chili powder, these quinoa stuffed peppers are a truly delicious and filling option for your next lunch or dinner.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190C), lightly oil a small baking dish, and set it aside.
- Cut the bell peppers in half and remove the seeds and membranes.(5 minutes)
- Place the chickpeas in a large bowl and slightly mash it with a fork.(3 minutes)
- Add the rest of the ingredients and give it all a good mix until everything is combined and stick together.(3 minutes)
- Divide the mixture between the pepper halves.(3 minutes)
- Cover the baking sheet with aluminum foil and bake for half an hour.(30 minutes)
- Increase the heat to 400 degrees (210 C) and bake for another 10 minutes.(10 minutes)
- Garnish as desired and enjoy!