As fall settles in, you might be on the lookout for apple-themed wholesome desserts. These apple muffins with quinoa flour will not disappoint. They are not only full of warming notes of cinnamon, maple, and apples, but also offer dietary fiber and protein from oats and quinoa. Topped with a slightly crunchy crumble, these apple muffins truly bring out fall's coziest flavors.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a muffin tin. Set it aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the bananas, milk, sugar, vinegar, maple syrup, and egg.(3 minutes)
- In another bowl, combine the oat flour, quinoa flour, ground cinnamon, and baking soda and powder.(3 minutes)
- Add the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients. Mix everything together. Then add the apple and mix to combine.(3 minutes)
- Fill each muffin tin 3/4 of the way full.(2 minutes)
- To make the crumble, mix the coconut oil, oats, cinnamon, and sugar in a small bowl. Top each muffin with it.(5 minutes)
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.(20 minutes)
- Let them cool completely on a wire rack before serving. Enjoy!