What a great treat these quinoa shortbread cookies with cranberries and pistachios are! They are nutty, crumbly, and absolutely delightful, but more importantly, they are made with nutritious ingredients. For starters, the flours made from almonds and quinoa create a unique flavor profile, add a crunchy texture, and share their protein richness. The peanuts and dried cranberries enrich the dough with dietary fiber, healthy fats, and mild sweetness. Topped with dark chocolate, these quinoa shortbread cookies are here to stay!
- Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well combined. The dough will be crumbly.(5 minutes)
- Spread a piece of plastic wrap, transfer the dough into it, and shape it into a cylinder with your hands. Wrap it in plastic and freeze for 1.5 -2 hours.(2 hours)
- Before taking the dough out of the freezer, preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C), and prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Now, take out the dough and slice the dough into 12 equal slices.(5 minutes)
- Place the slices on the baking sheet using a flip spatula and bake for about 15, or until the edges began to turn golden.(15 minutes)
- Take out of the oven and set aside to cool completely.(15 minutes)
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave, top each cookie with it, and garnish with dried cranberries and quinoa flakes (optional). Enjoy!(5 minutes)