What a great treat these quinoa shortbread cookies with cranberries and pistachios are! They are nutty, crumbly, and delightful, but more importantly, they are made with healthy ingredients. The flours from almonds and quinoa add a crunchy texture and protein, whereas pistachios and cranberries enrich the dough with fiber, healthy fats, and mild sweetness. Topped with dark chocolate, these quinoa shortbread cookies are here to stay!
- Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl (except for the chocolate chips) and mix until well combined. The dough will be crumbly.(5 minutes)
- Spread a piece of plastic wrap, transfer the dough into it, and shape it into a cylinder with your hands. Wrap it in plastic and freeze for 1.5 -2 hours.(2 hours)
- Before taking the dough out of the freezer, preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C), and prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Now, take out the dough and slice the dough into 12 equal slices.(5 minutes)
- Place the slices on the baking sheet using a flip spatula and bake for about 15, or until the edges began to turn golden.(15 minutes)
- Take out of the oven and set aside to cool completely.(15 minutes)
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave, top each cookie with it, and garnish with dried cranberries and quinoa flakes (optional). Enjoy!(5 minutes)