These quinoa shortbread cookies with cranberries and pistachios are nutty, crumbly, and truly delightful. But more importantly, they are made with healthy ingredients. Ground almonds and quinoa add a crunchy texture and protein, whereas pistachios and cranberries enrich the dough with fiber, healthy fats, and mild sweetness. Topped with dark chocolate, these quinoa shortbread cookies are here to stay!
- Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl (except for the chocolate chips) and mix until well combined. The dough will be crumbly.(5 minutes)
- Spread a piece of plastic wrap on the counter, transfer the dough unto it, and shape it into a cylinder with your hands. Wrap it in the plastic and freeze for 1.5 -2 hours.(2 hours)
- Before taking the dough out of the freezer, preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C), and prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Now, take out the dough and slice it into 12 equal slices.(5 minutes)
- Place the slices on the baking sheet using a flip spatula and bake for about 15 minutes, or until the edges begin to turn golden.(15 minutes)
- Take out of the oven and set aside to cool completely.(15 minutes)
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave, top each cookie with it, and garnish with dried cranberries and quinoa flakes (optional). Enjoy!(5 minutes)