These dense and flavorful chocolate quinoa muffins are as good of an option for a wholesome breakfast as they are for a healthy dessert. They are made with versatile and nutritious quinoa flakes that not only add a pleasant texture, but also all essential amino acids and a wide range of other nutrients, like vitamins B, E, manganese, and copper. Being a source complete protein, flaked quinoa makes for a healthy addition to baked goods, especially when accompanied with other wholesome ingredients, like energy-boosting cacao or antibacterial cranberries.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). In a large bowl, place the quinoa flakes, whole wheat flour, baking soda and powder, and cacao powder. Mix well.(3 minutes)
- In another bowl, mix the wet ingredients: milk, yogurt, vanilla extract, coconut oil, and honey. Give it a good mix.(3 minutes)
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir to combine.(3 minutes)
- Add the dried cranberries and chocolate chips and mix them in. You may garnish the muffins with some chocolate chips and quinoa flakes.(2 minutes)
- Transfer the batter into the muffin tin and bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.(20 minutes)
These chocolate quinoa muffins with cranberries will keep fresh in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. If you don't have dried cranberries on hand, you can use any dried fruits, including goldenberries, raisins, or figs.