These no-bake quinoa apple cheesecakes in a jar are the perfect fall treat. They combine the flavor and aroma of apples and cinnamon, layered between the cream cheese mixture and the crunchy pecan-date-quinoa flake crumble. Delicious and wholesome, they're a lightened-up way to enjoy seasonal flavors.
- In a skillet, mix together the apples, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon. Add a splash of water, cover the pot, and cook the apples on low heat until they soften. Keep an eye on them to prevent burning. Add a bit more water, if needed.(10 minutes)
- In the meantime, cream together the Greek yogurt, cream cheese, vanilla extract, and maple syrup (to taste) using a hand-held mixer. Set aside.
- In a food processor, add the dates and pulse them a few times until they're finely diced. Add the pecans and pulse them together until coarsely chopped. Add in the quinoa flakes and using your hands, give everything a good mix until a sticky crumble forms.
- When the apples are soft, take them off heat and set them aside to cool.(10 minutes)
- To assemble the cheesecakes, distribute half of the cream cheese mixture between 2 to 4 jars. Top it with half of the apples and then half of the quinoa flake crumble. Repeat the steps to create the second layer.(5 minutes)
- Chill in the refrigerator before serving. Enjoy!