These crunchy dark chocolate bars with quinoa pop are the perfect healthy treat for when you need a gentle pick-me-up. They are made with three wholesome ingredients, which give your body quinoa's vitamins and essential amino acids, almonds' healthy fats, and cacao's mood-boosting compounds.
- Add the milk and chocolate chips to a bowl. Slowly heat them in a double boiler until the chocolate is melted. If you want to sweeten your bars, you can add honey or maple syrup according to your preference.(5 minutes)
- When everything is melted and smooth, take the bowl off the heat, and add in the popped quinoa. Mix everything so that it is well incorporated.(3 minutes)
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, pour the mixture into the pan, and smooth the top out with a spoon.(3 minutes)
- Refrigerate for at least half an hour.(30 minutes)
- To serve, take it out of the fridge and use a warm knife to cut it into slices. Enjoy!
If you want to use milk chocolate, you can simply omit the almond milk.