These delicious cupcakes are enriched with quinoa's proteins and important micronutrients. They are delicately sweet and have a lovely fluffy texture. Paired with a light whipped cream of coconut, these cupcakes offer a refreshing taste that will have you asking for more.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (176 degrees C).
- Add soymilk and apple cider vinegar to a large mixing bowl, whisk to combine, and leave for a couple of minutes to curdle.(5 minutes)
- Using a mixer, add the oil and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and mix to combine. Then mix in the sugar.(5 minutes)
- Using a sifter, add the rest of the dry ingredients (except for powdered sugar) and mix until there are no lumps.(5 minutes)
- Transfer the batter into a muffin tin greased with vegan butter or use liners. Fill each ¾ of the way full. Bake for 20-22 min until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.(22 minutes)
- To make the whipped coconut cream, take the can of coconut milk out from the fridge and scoop out the cream (not the liquid).(2 minutes)
- Using a mixer, whip the cream on high, adding the powdered sugar in two parts. Then add the remaining teaspoon of vanilla extract and keep mixing until well combined.(15 minutes)
- Place in the fridge for half an hour. Take the cupcakes out from the oven and set aside to cool completely.(30 minutes)
- Top with whipped coconut cream and enjoy!