Vegetarian quinoa meatballs not only look and taste great, but are also packed with wholesome ingredients. Among them is quinoa, "the mother of all grains," which is a great source of protein, necessary for strong musculature. Cauliflower adds lots of vitamins and minerals to this dish, such as bone-supporting vitamin K, while sesame and flax seeds share their richness of fiber as well as copper, iron, and zinc.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C). Meanwhile, bring a small pot of water to a boil, add cauliflower florets, and cook until soft.(7 minutes)
- When soft, drain the florets and set them aside to cool enough to be handled. Then pass them through a food processor until they resemble rice.(10 minutes)
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients until well combined. The mixture should stick together to form balls. If necessary, add a little more breadcrumbs to reach that consistency.(3 minutes)
- With your hands, form balls about 1-inch (2.5 cm) in diameter and line them on a baking sheet evenly spaced.(5 minutes)
- Bake the meatballs until golden brown and warm throughout, flipping them once midway.(15 minutes)
- Take the meatballs out of the oven and add them to your salad. Serve right away!
To recreate the salad from the photo, add the carrots, bell peppers, cucumbers, radishes, and tomatoes into a bowl. Drizzle a little bit of olive oil and lemon juice and mix well. Portion the salad into individual bowls, and add a sprinkle of sesame seeds and fresh pomegranate on top of the veggies.