These warm and satisfying baked quinoa flakes are a delicious way to start a day! Being full of protein from quinoa, complex carbs from bananas, healthy fats from walnuts, and antioxidants from blueberries, they make for a truly nutritious and balanced breakfast.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (200ºC). In a bowl, mash one of the bananas until smooth.(2 minutes)
- Whisk in the egg, honey, milk, and maca powder, if using.(2 minutes)
- Add the rest of the ingredients and give it a good mix.(2 minutes)
- Fill a 10" x 7" baking dish half way through with the batter. Slice the remaining banana and place half of the slices on top of the batter. Then pour the rest of the batter and garnish with the other half of the banana.(2 minutes)
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.(30 minutes)
- Take out of the oven and let cool before serving. Garnish as desired. Enjoy!
Adding ground maca to these baked quinoa flakes increases their nutritional value ever further by enriching them with hormone-balancing and energy-boosting compounds.
You may garnish your quinoa breakfast bake in a number of ways, including plain or coconut yogurt, peanut or almond butter, honey or maple syrup, or homemade blueberry chia jam. You can also swap the blueberries for others berries.