This quinoa pumpkin bread recipe is a delicious way to take advantage of seasonal flavors and aromas. Pumpkin gives this bread a wide range of nutrients, including magnesium, zinc, and vitamins A and E. The protein and dietary fiber come from a mix of two gluten-free flours made from quinoa and oats. Along with pumpkin puree, they give this loaf its moist and dense consistency, while its flavor and aroma come from maple syrup and an assortment of warming spices, like cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (165 ° C). Lightly oil a 9x5 loaf pan, line it with parchment paper, and set aside.(2 minutes)
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a bowl.(3 minutes)
- In a separate bowl, mix all of the wet ingredients.(3 minutes)
- Combine both contents.(2 minutes)
- Add crushed chocolate (or chips) and give it a mix.(2 minutes)
- Pour the batter into a loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.(60 minutes)
- Let the bread rest before cutting into it. Enjoy!
This quinoa-enhanced pumpkin bread will keep fresh for a few days. You may also choose to wrap the slices in plastic and freeze them to be then lightly toasted when you are ready to enjoy them.
For extra flavor, you may garnish your healthy pumpkin bread with peanut butter or maple syrup or sprinkle it with crushed nuts.