This red quinoa madeleine recipe is a more nutritious twist to the traditional French version. Made with quinoa, these soft and delightful treats are rich in protein, darker in color, and refreshing in flavor due to the touch of lime. They also contain ground almonds for easy digestion and a multitude of healthy fats and other nutrients, like vitamins E, copper, and more. Light and fluffy, these gluten-free madeleines are a perfect tea time snack.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). In a large bowl, mix the coconut oil with milk, lemon juice, honey, and vanilla extract.(3 minutes)
- Process the almonds in a blender until finely ground.(1 minute)
- Add the almond meal, red quinoa flour, baking powder, and baking soda to the wet ingredients. Mix well.(3 minutes)
- Lightly grease the madeleine pan with a nonstick spray and fill each well with the batter. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the edges are slightly crispy and the center is puffy.(15 minutes)
- Rest them on a cooling rack before eating. They will stay fresh for a few days in an airtight container. Enjoy!
You may dust your red quinoa madeleines with powdered sugar or dip them in melted chocolate before serving!