These homemade capsules combine the anti-inflammatory power of turmeric with the soothing aroma of peppermint and a touch of carob. They are relatively simple to make and allow for reasonably good dosage control. They are a good alternative for those suffering from an acute flare-up of arthritis or other painful conditions.
- Mash the peppermint leaves in a mortar until crumbled completely.(1 minute)
- Mix all the resulting powder with the carob powder and turmeric powder until distributed evenly.(1 minute)
- Place a ½ a teaspoon of the resulting mix on top of a 2x2 inch piece of parchment paper.
- Twist the piece of paper into a funnel and use it to help fill both ends of each capsule with the powder mix, leaving a bit of extra space in the middle part of the capsule.(3 minutes)
- Join the two ends of the capsule tightly. Repeat this process until all needed capsules are done, or all powder has been used up.(15 minutes)
Take one capsule with some water before every meal until symptoms subside, though dosage can vary depending on the the intensity of inflammation and the body's response. It can be adjusted to fit personal needs with the advice of a doctor. These pills may be stored indefinitely if kept in an airtight bottle or flask, in order to keep them dry and cool.