This homemade goldenberry apricot chia preserve is here for the win. Both goldenberries and apricots provide their share of antioxidant compounds, while pleasantly balancing sweetness and tartness for an ultimate flavor punch. Anti-inflammatory chia seeds are a great source of protein as well as soluble and insoluble dietary fiber, one of which enables them to create a jam-like consistency, while the other boosts digestion. Flavored with lemon juice and honey, this homemade goldenberry apricot chia jam beats the store-bought varieties hands down.
- Cut the apricots and goldenberries into smaller pieces.(5 minutes)
- Place them in a pan and add enough hot water to cover them. Hydrate them for half an hour.(30 minutes)
- Place the pan on the stove and put the heat on to medium. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.(20 minutes)
- When the fruits are soft and start losing their shape, take them off the heat and taste them. Add the honey to reach the desired sweetness and mix in the lemon juice.(1 minute)
- Place the fruits in a food processor and give them a rough chop so that the fruits are broken up. You can use an immersion blender for a smoother consistency.(2 minutes)
- Add the chia seeds, give the mixture a mix, and transfer it the preserve to a jar. Set aside to cool completely before putting it in the fridge. It will thicken as it cools.(2 minutes)