This lemon and ginger tea can help relieve symptoms of colds, including nasal and chest congestion. Vitamin C in lemon helps boost immunity, while ginger reduces the production of histamine, the compound that triggers mucus secretion. The combination of these herbs can help shorten the duration of colds, helping you get through them with more ease.
- Place the grated ginger root in a saucepan and cover it with 4 cups of water.
- Cover and bring to a boil.(10 minutes)
- Remove from heat and let steep.(15 minutes)
- Deseed and juice 1 or 2 lemons in a separate bowl.(5 minutes)
- After the ginger has steeped, strain the root from the tea.
- Add the lemon juice and honey to the saucepan and stir.(2 minutes)
Warm it up and drink one cup after meals or throughout the day. This lemon ginger tea can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days.