- Estimated Time32 Minutes
- Form of UseOral
This lemon and ginger tea can help relieve symptoms of colds, including congestion. The vitamin C content of lemon helps boost immunity, and ginger reduces the production of histamine, the compound that triggers mucus production. The combination of these herbs can help shorten the duration of colds, meanwhile relieving congestion.
- Place the grated ginger root in a saucepan and cover it with 2 pints (1 quart) of water.
- Cover and bring to a boil.(10 minutes)
- Remove from heat and let steep.(15 minutes)
- Deseed and juice 1 or 2 lemons in a separate bowl.(5 minutes)
- After the ginger has steeped, strain the root from the tea.
- Add the lemon juice and honey to the saucepan and stir.(2 minutes)
Drink one cup after meals, hot or warm. It can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days.