Simple yet fulfilling, this soup will give you the nutrients you need with the flavors you won't forget. Green peas provide a good dose of protein and dietary fiber as well as potassium, magnesium, and vitamins A and B. These nutrients play an important role in supporting the immune, digestive, and cardiovascular system by lowering blood sugar, reducing bad cholesterol, and more. Carrots and celery contain powerful antioxidants, which are known for their effects on eye health and tissue regeneration as well as for their anti-inflammatory properties.
- Rinse the peas under running water and drain them.(1 minute)
- Over medium heat, sauté onions until translucent.(2 minutes)
- Add the garlic and sauté it for a minute. Then add the peas, carrots, adn celery and mix well. Cook for five minutes.(6 minutes)
- Add the water or veggie broth and give it a good stir. Cover the pot until it boils, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for one hour or until peas softens.(1 hour)
- Meanwhile, cut the bread into cubes. Spread them on a baking sheet and drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil to lightly coat them. Bake at 300 °F (150°C) for 10 minutes.
- Add the spices and cook uncovered for a few more minutes.(5 minutes)
- Take off the heat and cream the soup in a blender.(2 minutes)
- Garnish with fresh parsley and croutons. Enjoy right away!