- TypeSauces and Toppings
- Estimated Time12 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups of Grape Juice
- 5 1/4 cups of White Sugar
- 2 ounces of Pectin (powdered)
- 1 pound of Grape (whole red or black grapes)
This simple grape jelly is a classic. Grapes are a healthy fruit rich in vitamins and antioxidants. Homemade jelly is well worth the wait. This recipe makes about three pints.
- Chop the grapes or liquify them in a blender according to preferred texture.(2 minutes)
- In a saucepan, combine the grape juice and pectin over medium heat. Bring to a boil and stir constantly for one minute.(2 minutes)
- Add the sugar gradually and stir the mixture until the sugar is completely dissolved.(4 minutes)
- Gently pour the jelly while still hot into clean glass jars. Leave at least a half inch (1.25 cm) of space at the top.(2 minutes)
- Clean the rim and close the lid tightly on each jar.(2 minutes)
Leave the jars of jelly at room temperature for at least one day before refrigerating. The jelly can take up to one week to set. After it has set, it can stored in the refrigerator for up to three weeks.