Dietary fiber is necessary for adequate functioning of the digestive system. A diet low in fiber has been shown to be a cause of gain weight, high cholesterol, and chronic constipation.
This recipe will provide high doses of dietary fiber from the best sources: whole grains, seeds, dry fruits, and nuts.
- Mix all the grains and seeds with the raisins in a large bowl.(1 minute)
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs with half of the water.(2 minutes)
- Add the mix of grains, seeds, and raisins. Combine very well.(2 minutes)
- Add the whole wheat flour gradually, alternating with the rest of the water, apple cider vinegar, baking powder, and the salt. Mix all the ingredients very well. The result should be a dense, thick mixture. Add some water if it looks too dry to you.(5 minutes)
- Pour the mixture into a bread pan. It should fill just a little more than half of the pan because it will rise a little in the oven.(2 minutes)
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) for about one hour and a half, or until you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.(90 minutes)