With an unlikely - yet delicious - combination of juicy bilberries and smooth cinnamon flavor, these muffins are perfect for a quick and tasty brunch. These cakes use less sugar and fat than many types of muffins.
- Preheat the oven to 425° F (220° C).(1 minute)
- Combine both flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and cloves in a large mixing bowl and stir.(3 minutes)
- In a separate bowl, mix the milk, egg substitute, and oil until combined, then add to the dry ingredients and stir until moistened; add bilberries.(3 minutes)
- Grease a muffin-baking sheet and divide the mixture into the molds. Bake in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden brown.(25 minutes)
- Remove the baking sheet and place muffins on a cooling rack to cool.(18 minutes)
This recipe makes approximately 24 muffins, and they will keep for a few days in an airtight container. For tastiest results, enjoy within one day of baking.