Ginger baked apples are a sophisticated, heart-warming and, above all, healthy dessert. This easy-to-cook dish is the perfect end note for any dinner, and it is rich in complex carbohydrates and potassium while being low in saturated fats and free of cholesterol.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Wash apples and remove the core and stem, leaving bottoms intact.
- Mix oats, sugar, walnuts, cinnamon, ¼ cup of cider, and ginger in a bowl and fill each apple with 2 tablespoons of the mix. Place in a baking dish. Pour remaining cider on the apples and cover the dish with aluminum foil.(7 minutes)
- Bake apples until tender.(20 minutes)
- Uncover apples and continue baking.(15 minutes)
- Let cool before serving. Garnish with lemon zest and enjoy!(3 minutes)