A delicious combination of flavors in this sacha inchi peanut dressing will turn any salad into an Asian delight. The mildly nutty sacha inchi is an excellent source of protein and fiber, which makes it an ideal addition to vegetarian and vegan dishes. Peanuts are famous for being heart-healthy thanks to their richness in mono- and polyunsaturated fats as well as omega-3 and 6 fatty acids. What gives this Asian salad dressing a unique character are its flavorful ingredients, such as ginger, garlic, and limes, all of which also possess strong anti-inflammatory properties.
- Place the peanuts in a food processor and blend them until smooth and creamy.(5 minutes)
- Add the sacha inchi powder and a tablespoon of water and blend to incorporate. Add more water to reach desired consistency.(2 minutes)
- Add the lime juice, rice vinegar, sesame oil, honey, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper into the creamy mixture. Process for 30 seconds to combine.(1 minute)
- Add chopped cilantro, give it a mix, and transfer to a jar.(1 minute)
- Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Enjoy!
This sacha inchi peanut butter salad dressing can be featured in almost any salad, including cranberry and almond salad, avocado and grapefruit salad, or cabbage and valerian salad.
If made thick and creamy, it can also be a delightful dipping sauce that goes well with vegan rice paper rolls or fresh cucumbers, celery , carrots, or broccoli.