These carrot cake energy balls are soft, aromatic, and delicious. With every bite, you're getting a whole bunch of important nutrients and supporting compounds from goldenberries, dates, oats, carrots, coconut, and others. Keep them chilled and grab one when you're in need of a nutritious snack.
- Soften the dates and dried goldenberries by soaking them in hot water for 10 minutes. Then drain them well and set them aside.(10 minutes)
- Add the carrots to a food processor and process them until finely chopped.(3 minutes)
- Add the walnuts, ground flax, shredded coconut, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, and oats to a food processor and process them into a fine flour.(2 minutes)
- Add the almond butter, vanilla extract, chopped carrots, dates, dried goldenberries, and maple syrup (if using). Process everything until it forms a sticky dough.(2 minutes)
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out dough and form it into balls. Then roll them in shredded coconut. Refrigerate them to allow them to firm up.(10 minutes)