These delicious carrot cake pancakes will make your breakfast taste like dessert. They are made with whole wheat flour and amaranth, a South American source of complete protein. Flavored with cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger, these carrot cake pancakes will be a delicious start to your busy day.
- Mix together the milk and lemon juice and set it aside for five minutes.(5 minutes)
- Then add the egg, sugar, and vanilla extract. Set it aside.(3 minutes)
- In another bowl whisk together the amaranth flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt.(3 minutes)
- Combine the content of both bowls.(2 minutes)
- Stir in the carrots. Set the mixture aside for a few minutes.(5 minutes)
- Heat up the oil or butter in an cast-iron skillet. Pour 1/4 cup-worth of batter into the skillet and cook until the pancakes are golden brown on both sides.(10 minutes)
- Garnish as desired and serve warm. Enjoy!
Top your amaranth carrot cake pancakes with coconut yogurt, maple syrup, or whipped cream cheese. You may also sprinkle some crushed nuts and a dash of cinnamon.