This Asian-inspired tofu stir fry with noodles will be on your table in less than 30 minutes. Since it is made of soybeans, tofu is a good source of complete protein. The creamy sauce that gives this stir fry its unique flavor deliciously coats the noodles and goes well with crunchy snow peas and carrots. Quick and yummy, it will be your go-to idea for a weekday dinner.
- Add the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, maple syrup, and peanut butter to a jar. Give it a good shake. Set aside.(2 minutes)
- In a large bowl, toss the tofu with cornstarch. Heat a skillet, add some oil, and fry the tofu until nicely browned.(6 minutes)
- While the tofu is frying, bring water to a boil and cook the noodles according to the packet's instructions.(5 minutes)
- When the tofu is done, take it out of the skillet and set it aside on a plate. Return the skillet to the stove, add a little bit of oil if necessary, and add the onions. Cook them for a few minutes on medium high heat until translucent.(5 minutes)
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for another minute.(1 minute)
- Then add the snow peas and carrots. Cook them with the onions, ginger, and garlic until softened, but still slightly crunchy.(3 minutes)
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add the tofu, noodles, and the sauce. Give everything a good mix. Serve right away. Enjoy!(3 minutes)
This tofu stir fry recipe can be customized to whatever vegetables you have on hand. Great ideas include broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, bell peppers, and more!