- Estimated Time11 Hours 0 Minute
- Form of UseOral
- 8 tablespoons of Turmeric (root, powdered)
- 1 cup of Maple Syrup
- 3 liters of Water (purified)
Turmeric has been touted as one of the most effective remedies for people suffering from chronic joint pain and arthritic ailments. In this homemade syrup, powdered turmeric root is used to provide relief for those who need to keep their pain and inflammation levels down, without risking the common issues attached to painkiller usage.
- Place the turmeric powder in a saucepan with one liter of water and bring to a simmer.(10 minutes)
- Pour the resulting mixture into a jar, close lid, and leave to infuse overnight.(10 hours)
- The next morning, combine the mixture in a pot with 2 liters of water, and simmer until the mixture is reduced to half of its original volume.(30 minutes)
- Add 1 cup of maple syrup and keep the heat at 110° F (43° C) in order to thicken it, while stirring occasionally.(20 minutes)
- Remove the resulting syrup from the fire, and divide in smaller bottles for cooling and storage.
Take one tablespoon of this syrup three times a day, or up to once every 4 hours, in order to keep inflammation levels under control. It can be refrigerated and stored for up to 3 weeks without losing its potency.