- Estimated Time1 Hour 5 Minutes
- Yield4 cups
- Form of UseOral
- 1 ounce of Anise (leaves)
- 4 cups of Water
Anise is a wonderful remedy for digestive issues, such as painful bloating and frequent gas. On top of that, it has a sweet, licorice-like flavor that can be very soothing and enjoyable. This anise infusion will calm your stomach, relax your intestines, smooth peristalsis, and protect your gastrointestinal tract from irritations.
- In a pot, bring the water to a boil.(5 minutes)
- Remove from heat and add the dried anise leaves.
- Let steep for 60 minutes to bring out the aroma and medicinal properties.(1 hour)
With infusions, it is always a good idea to make a quart so that you have it when you need it, as opposed to one cup. You can experiment with the amount of leaves you use to fit your taste and needs.
Drink this anise infusion in 1/4-cup servings as needed throughout the day without exceeding 3 cups. It can be stored in the refrigerator for 3 - 4 days.