This leafy savory soup is packed with vitamins, color, and flavor. Basil contributes with its unique aroma, as well as its essential oil, known for its anti-inflammatory and digestive properties. Potatoes are not only filling, but also rich in antioxidants, beneficial in controlling blood pressure. Asparagus, on the other hand, is packed with fiber and iron, helpful in weight loss and anemia prevention. At last, the soothing properties of valerian make this soup a perfect comfort food, especially on cold days.
- In a pot on medium heat, sauté onions and garlic until translucent.(2 minutes)
- Add the potatoes and asparagus. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.(2 minutes)
- Add the water and spices, mix well, and cook until all vegetables are tender.(20 minutes)
- Mix in basil and valerian and cook for two more minutes.(2 minutes)
- Take off the heat and let the soup cool down slightly. Then transfer it into the blender and cream until smooth.(3 minutes)
- Mix in the yogurt and serve immediately, garnished with basil.(1 minute)