This soup will not only fill you up, but will also give you plenty of macro- and micronutrients. Sweet potato boats anti-inflammatory beta-carotene, and, along with protein-rich beans, it provides a good dose of dietary fiber, necessary for maintaining healthy digestion and normal blood sugar levels. Sage, on the other hand, is a recognized medicinal herb, known to soothe indigestion and improve cognitive functions.
- In a pot, sauté onions until translucent on medium heat.(2 minutes)
- Add sweet potatoes and cook them for three minutes, stirring occasionally.(3 minutes)
- Add the spices and the tomato paste. Mix to coat.(1 minute)
- Pour in the water or veggie broth, cover the pot, and bring it to a boil. Then lower the heat to medium-low and simmer until potatoes soften.(20 minutes)
- Mix in the beans and let them warm up in the liquid for a few minutes.(5 minutes)
- Serve garnished with parsley, whole cumin seeds, and a dollop of Greek yogurt. Enjoy!