When grilled, vegetables take on unique juicy flavors and smooth textures, which are nicely complemented by a crusty bread. The eggplant in this delicious sandwich offers its range of B-complex vitamins as well as antioxidants and phytonutrients, while the vitamin A-rich red bell pepper works as an immunity booster and promotes eye health. Fresh alfalfa and basil add a pleasant crunch and a multitude of nutrients, which are helpful in relieving a number of ailments, such as indigestion, high cholesterol, or hormonal imbalance.
- Season the eggplant slices with salt and pepper. Lightly oil bread slices.(2 minutes)
- On a grilling pan over medium heat, grill the bread on both sides until grilled marks develop.(4 minutes)
- Remove the bread and put it aside to cool off.
- Add a little bit of olive oil to the pan and grill the eggplant and bell pepper until soft, turning them half-way through.(10 minutes)
- Cut the bread slices in half and thinly spread them with cream cheese.(1 minute)
- To assemble the sandwiches, place some bell pepper slices on the bottom halves, then two eggplant slices, and the rest of bell peppers on the top.(2 minutes)
- To finish, sprinkle a bunch of alfalfa sprouts and close the sandwiches with the remaining bread slices. Serve warm and enjoy!(1 minute)