Gingerbread cookies are a common sight during the holiday season. Their sweet flavor deliciously contrasts with aromatic cinnamon and zesty ginger, which also share their digestion-regulating properties. With their eye-pleasing shapes and lovely flavor, these gingerbread cookies will be everyone's favorite at the holiday table.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.(2 minutes)
- In a single bowl, mix the baking soda, flour, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.(1 minute)
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar and molasses using an electric mixer at regular speed.(5 minutes)
- Turn the mixer to low speed, add the eggs, and continue mixing for 1 more minute.(1 minute)
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl and mix on medium speed for 2 more minutes.(2 minutes)
- Add the crystallized ginger to the mix.
- Scoop the dough onto a flat, floured surface and roll the dough until 1/2 inch thick. Cut each cookie with your hands or with a cookie cutter, as desired.
- Press both sides of the cookies on the granulated sugar and place them on the sheet pans.
- Bake.(13 minutes)
- Let the cookies cool before storing them.(2 minutes)