This pesto is an earthy spread that adds a twist to sandwiches and pasta. Cleansing dandelion and heart-healthy pumpkin join forces to create a delicious and nutrient-rich pesto, which will perfectly complement a variety of dishes for your next healthy lunch or wholesome dinner.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (175° C).
- Place the pumpkin seeds on a baking sheet and roast them just until you smell the aroma.(5 minutes)
- Remove and let cool.
- Place the garlic and pumpkin seeds in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the dandelion, Parmesan, lemon juice and continue processing until combined.(5 minutes)
- Make sure to stop the processor to scrape the ingredients caught on the side. When the pesto becomes thick and hard to process, slowly add the olive oil and continue processing until smooth.(5 minutes)
- Mix in salt and pepper to taste and add the pesto to your favorite pasta or spread it on a sandwich. Enjoy!