This pesto is an earthy spread that adds a twist to sandwiches and pasta. Cleansing dandelion, immune boosting basil, and heart-healthy pumpkin seeds join forces to create a savory and uplifting spread that perfectly complements your lunches or dinners. Whether in a summer afternoon or a chilly autumn evening, this will bring a boost of health and enjoyment to you and your loved ones.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (175° C).
- Place the pumpkin seeds on a baking sheet and roast just until you smell the aroma.(5 minutes)
- Remove and let cool.
- Place the garlic and pumpkin seeds in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Mix in salt and pepper to taste, add to your favorite pasta or sandwich, and enjoy!
- Add the dandelion, Parmesan, and lemon juice and continue processing until combined.(5 minutes)
- Make sure to stop the processor to scrape the ingredients caught on the side. When the pesto becomes thick and hard to process, slowly add the olive oil and continue processing until smooth.(5 minutes)