This creamy deliciousness will help you up your daily veggie intake with ease. Broccoli's main active compounds are sulforaphane, phenols, and glucosinolates, which have been linked to a number of health benefits, like relieving the symptoms of arthritis or supporting the immune system. Spinach, on the other hand, is one of the most nutrient-dense foods. While most people treat it as a weapon against anemia, spinach has also been found to strengthen the bones and protect the digestive tract.
- Divide the broccoli head into smaller florets. Peal the stock and cut it into smaller pieces.(5 minutes)
- In a large pot, saute the onions and garlic until translucent(5 minutes)
- Add the potatoes, spinach, and broccoli florets and give it a mix. Cook for two minutes and add the vegetable stock, salt, and pepper. Lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are soft.(20 minutes)
- Take it the pot off the stove, add the lemon juice, and puree the vegetables with an immersion blender until a desired consistency is reached.(2 minutes)
- Transfer into the bowls and enjoy! Optionally, you may garnish the soup with some crushed red pepper flakes and broccoli florets.