- Estimated Time25 Minutes
- Yield12 servings
- PairingSour cream, tzaziki, or ranch dressing
With Parmesan cheese, chives, garlic-infused quinoa, and crunchy onions, these savory bites are an irresistible addition to any party platter. Enjoy them hot or cold, and try adding your favorite vegetables to customize the patties to your preferences.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the quinoa, egg whites, and salt. Stir in the garlic, cayenne, chives, onion, breadcrumbs, and cheese; leave to rest for 2 minutes.(5 seconds)
- Separate the mixture into 12 patties. If the patties are too dry to hold, add more water; if the mixture is too moist, add more breadcrumbs as required.(3 minutes)
- Heat oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add six of the patties; cover, and cook for 7 – 10 minutes. Use a spatula to flip the patties, and cook for a further seven minutes, until the patties are golden brown. Transfer the cooked patties to a cooling rack, and repeat the cooking process with the second batch.(20 minutes)
- Allow the patties to cool slightly before serving.(2 minutes)
The quinoa mixture can be prepared in advance and kept in the refrigerator for up to three days, ready to cook to order. Although they blend it perfectly with sour cream or Tzaziki, they also work well with Ranch dressing or a spicy dip.