This ginger echinacea syrup can provide immediate relief for nose and throat as well as shorten the common cold's duration. Ginger works as an anti-inflammatory and decongestant, while echinacea has mild antibiotic and immune-boosting properties, an effective duo against the common cold.
- Place the herbs in a pot with cold water. Put the heat on and simmer on low until only half of the initial amount of liquid remains. This will produce a thick, concentrated tea.(10 minutes)
- Strain the herbs and reserve the liquid. Return the liquid to the original pot.(1 minute)
- Add a 1/2 cup of honey or agave syrup for every pint of liquid.
- Gently heat the honey and liquid mixture until they are able to blend together well.(15 minutes)
- Remove from heat and transfer to a bottle. Enjoy!
Taket one tablespoon of this syrup every three hours until you feel relief from symptoms. Leftover syrup may be stored for up to 3 months in a cool, dry, and dark place.