If you are looking for a sweeter way to administer herbs, natural syrups are your best option. This particular recipe is great for children, elderly, and everyone in between. But do not let the delicious flavor fool you - the active compounds in echinacea, burdock, and astragalus are still there, providing potent antimicrobial and immunity-boosting actions.
- Put the burdock, echinacea, and astragalus in a pot and pour cold water over them.(2 minutes)
- Simmer over low heat until much of the water evaporates, leaving a thick liquid.(5 minutes)
- With a colander, strain out the herbs and save the liquid.(1 minute)
- Add the liquid along with the maple syrup back into the pot.(2 minutes)
- Cook it over low heat just until dissolved and incorporated.(10 minutes)
- Transfer to a glass bottle and enjoy!
This syrup can last for weeks or months when refrigerated. When recovering from a cold, take up to six teaspoons a day until you are fully healed.