- Form of UseOral
- 2 tablespoons of Dandelion (root, finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup of Vinegar (or alcohol)
The liver has a difficult job of keeping toxins out of your body. It works day and night to release bacteria from your system whether from alcohol, environmental pollutants, chemical-filled beauty products, or artificially flavored foods. It is crucial to keep your liver is protected, and this tincture of antioxidant bursting dandelion is the perfect way to do it. If using alcohol, vodka is the usual choice, but high quality brandy, rum, or whiskey will work fine. Apple cider vinegar is typically the vinegar of choice, but others are equally effective.
- Place the dandelion root in an airtight glass jar.
- Fill the jar with alcohol or vinegar, covering the roots by at least 2 or 3 inches, and seal it tightly.
- Let the jar rest in a sunny, warm spot for 4 to 6 weeks, shaking it for a couple of minutes everyday. This will allow the dandelion to continue releasing its healing properties into the solvent.
- Strain out the dandelion root and pour the remaining liquid into a clean glass bottle, if possible one with a tight lid.
- Store in a cool, dark place.
This tincture, if made with alcohol, can last for several years. If you used vinegar, it will last about 1 year. Take ½ to 1 teaspoon three times daily as needed.