Cranberries contain nutrients that give it an overall low pH, making the bladder and urinary tract into an adverse environment for bacteria, effectively eliminating them. This cranberry syrup is a tasty way to boost urinary health.
- Put the cranberries and water in a large pot and bring to a simmer. Cover saucepan partially and allow the mixture to simmer until the liquid is approximately half its original volume.(20 minutes)
- Pass the mixture through a sieve (you can compost the cranberries) and measure the volume of the remaining liquid before pouring it back into the saucepan.(5 minutes)
- For each pint of liquid, add approximately 1 cup of honey (to taste) to the saucepan.(2 minutes)
- Warm the mixture over a low heat, stirring continuously until the honey is combined.(5 minutes)
- Remove saucepan from heat and pour the mixture into bottles. Refrigerate before using.(10 minutes)
When stored in a sealed or airtight jar in the refrigerator, this syrup can last for several weeks. Take one teaspoon every day, before breakfast, to enhance urinary health.