- Estimated Time42 Minutes
- Form of UseOral
- 4 ounces of Cranberry
- 1 cup of Honey (or to taste)
- 4 pints of Water
Cranberries contain nutrients that give it an overall low pH, making the bladder and urinary tract into an adverse environment for bacteria, effectively eliminating them. This cranberry syrup is a tasty way to boost urinary health.
- Put the cranberries and water in a large pot and bring to a simmer. Cover saucepan partially and allow the mixture to simmer until the liquid is approximately half its original volume.(20 minutes)
- Pass the mixture through a sieve (you can compost the cranberries) and measure the volume of the remaining liquid before pouring it back into the saucepan.(5 minutes)
- For each pint of liquid, add approximately 1 cup of honey (to taste) to the saucepan.(2 minutes)
- Warm the mixture over a low heat, stirring continuously until the honey is combined.(5 minutes)
- Remove saucepan from heat and pour the mixture into bottles. Refrigerate before using.(10 minutes)
When stored in a sealed or airtight jar in the refrigerator, this syrup can last for several weeks. Take one teaspoon every day, before breakfast, to enhance urinary health.