By making these veggie crackers from scratch, you have a full control of what ingredients go inside. Sun-dried tomatoes are packed with great flavors and nutrients, such as potassium, magnesium as well as vitamins A, B, C, and K, all of which work to protect the heart and reduce inflammation. Sacha inchi provides a hearty dose of protein, necessary for maintaining proper cholesterol levels and muscle mass, whereas flax is rich in digestion-enhancing dietary fiber.
- Soak the tomatoes in water for half an hour. Then drain well and place in a food processor.(30 minutes)
- Add the raisins, onions, garlic, and miso paste. Process until smooth.(4 minutes)
- Add the sacha inchi powder and ground flax and process to combine.(2 minutes)
- Mix in the hemp seeds by hand.(1 minute)
- Heat the oven to 250°F (120°C). Line a 9 x 13 inch (23 x 33 cm) baking sheet with parchment paper. Evenly spread the tomato mixture. Bake for 2.5 hours, flipping once half way through. Alternatively, you can dry the mixture in a dehydrator at 110 °F (34°) for eight hours.(150 minutes)
- When the edge start to get crispy, turn off the oven and leave it inside for another half an hour.(30 minutes)
- Cut into individual crackers and enjoy on their own or with the spread of your choice!
These delicious crackers make for a great base for nutritious, homemade spreads. Try them with homemade chickpeas-rich spreads, such as maca hummus, roasted pepper sacha inchi hummus, or chickpea carrot salad. These crackers are also a perfect pair for refreshing garlic guacamole, basil tomatoes, or a delightful oregano cashew spread.