By making these veggie crackers from scratch, you fully control what ingredients go inside. Sun-dried tomatoes are packed with great flavor and nutrients, such as potassium, magnesium, and vitamins A, B, C, and K, all of which work to protect the heart and reduce inflammation. Sacha inchi provides a hearty dose of protein, necessary for maintaining muscle mass, whereas flax is rich in digestion-enhancing dietary fiber and healthy fats.
- Soak the tomatoes in water for half an hour. Then drain well and place in a food processor.(30 minutes)
- Add the raisins, onions, garlic, and miso paste. Process until smooth.(4 minutes)
- Add the sacha inchi powder and ground flax and process to combine.(2 minutes)
- Mix in the hemp seeds by hand.(1 minute)
- Heat the oven to 250°F (120°C). Line a 9 x 13-inch (23 x 33cm) baking sheet with parchment paper. Evenly spread the tomato mixture. Bake for 2.5 hours, flipping once half way through. Alternatively, you can dry the mixture in a dehydrator at 110 °F (34°C) for eight hours.(150 minutes)
- When the edge start to get crispy, turn off the oven and leave it inside for another half an hour.(30 minutes)
- Cut into individual crackers and enjoy on their own or with a spread of your choice!
These delicious crackers are a great base for nutritious, homemade spreads. Try them with homemade chickpeas-rich spreads, such as maca hummus, roasted pepper sacha inchi hummus, or chickpea salad. These crackers also go well with garlic guacamole, basil tomatoes, or oregano cashew spread.