This is a versatile cashew cream with oregano that can be used for an array of purposes, from topping a Sacha Inchi and Almond Flour Pizza Crust to serve as a delicious, healthy dip or a spread for sandwiches and wraps. Cashews are full if nutrients and dietary fiber, and when blended with tapioca they get a thick, creamy consistency. The addition of digestive and anti-inflammatory oregano, as well as onion, garlic and mustard, adds not only flavor, but the beneficial properties of these herbs to this cashew cream recipe.
- Soak the cashews overnight.
- Add the cashews, the oregano, the onion and garlic powder, and the Dijon mustard to a blender. Cover with water and process until smooth.(3 minutes)
- In a small pan, add the tapioca flour and pour some water to dissolve. Bring to boil at low heath, constantly moving, until it the mixture get thick and transparent.(5 minutes)
- Remove the tapioca mixture from the stove and add to the cashews in the blender. Process at high speed until you obtain a creamy and thick texture.(3 minutes)
- Pour the cashew spread into a bowl and reserve in the fridge for later use.(2 minutes)