This appetizing sacha inchi red bell pepper hummus is packed with nutrients! Its protein content - necessary for proper tissue repair and muscle growth - comes from chickpeas and sacha inchi. Red bell peppers are full of vitamins and minerals for strong immunity and eye health, while tahini's sesame seeds contain phytosterols, which have been found to lower bad cholesterol.
- Start by roasting the pepper: Turn on the gas stove burner to a medium flame. Carefully place the pepper on the burner directly over the flame. Keep roasting it for a few minutes on each side until blackened and soft.(10 minutes)
- Place the roasted pepper in a glass bowl and cover it with a plate or plastic wrap. Set it aside steam for a few minutes.(10 minutes)
- Then take the pepper out of the bowl and place it on a cutting board. Cut it lengthwise and gently remove the seeds and the stem, leaving just the flesh. Then slowly peel off the charred skin.(5 minutes)
- When the pepper is cool, place it in a blender along with the rest of the ingredients. Process until well incorporated, adding water as necessary to reach a desired consistency.(5 minutes)
- Transfer to a bowl and garnish with olive oil, smoked paprika, and fresh red bell pepper chunks. Enjoy it right away or refrigerate before serving!(1 minute)
This sacha inchi-rich roasted pepper hummus can be served with fresh cucumber, carrots, or celery sticks as well as tortilla chips or sun dried tomato crackers with sacha inchi for a healthy mid-day snack. It is also delicious as a sandwich spread, especially on wholesome maca bread or flax and psyllium bread.