This rustic bread will surprise you with its dense texture, lovely flavor, and crunchy crust. To increase its nutritional value, it is made with a combination of three flours, including the flour from protein-rich lupin. The addition of walnuts and cranberries gives it a pleasant crunch and lots of great flavor.
- To make the dough, mix all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add the water and give it all a mix with a wooden spoon. The dough will be wet and sticky. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set aside to rise for 12 hours or overnight.(12 hours)
- The next day, put a 6-quart Dutch oven with the lid on in the oven. Put the heat on to 450 degrees F (232 degrees C).
- Meanwhile, flour your hands a little bit and take the dough out of the bowl and onto a lightly floured parchment paper. Roughly shape into a ball. Loosely cover it with plastic wrap and let it sit for half an hour to rise.(30 minutes)
- Then carefully take the Dutch oven out of the oven (it will be very hot), remove the lid, place the bread inside along with parchment paper, put the lid back on, and place the pot back in the oven. Bake for 25 minutes, then gently take the lid off and bake for another 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.(35 minutes)
- Take the pot out of the oven and place it on the cooling rack. Enjoy!