Canned cranberry sauce is heavily processed and full of sugar. This recipe offers the perfect balance of sweet and tart, with an added herbal surprise. Cloves are extremely anti-inflammatory and cranberries have a deep cleansing effect, which comes in handy for those special occasions where overindulgence is common.
- Stir all ingredients except ginger in a medium saucepan.
- Set the heat to medium-high and bring pan to a boil.(3 minutes)
- Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer, stirring occasionally. Cranberries will burst.(10 minutes)
- Remove the resulting sauce from the heat and pour it into a medium bowl.
- Stir in the ginger.
- Let the glaze cool covered, and refrigerate it. Serve chilled along your favorite entree and enjoy!
This homemade cranberry glaze will last up to a week if stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator.