- Estimated Time13 Minutes
- Yield5 servings
Warm yourself up with this special holiday favorite. Canned cranberry sauce is full of sugar, heavily processed, and just does not have the charm of the home made stuff. This recipe is the perfect balance of sweet and tart, with an added herbal surprise. Cloves are extremely anti-inflammatory and cranberries have a deep cleansing effect, which comes in handy for those special occasions where overindulgence is common. This glaze will fit a roasted turkey perfectly, and will remain delicious alongside potatoes and stuffing.
- Stir all ingredients except ginger in a medium saucepan.
- Set the heat to medium-high and bring pan to a boil.(3 minutes)
- Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer, stirring occasionally. Cranberries will burst.(10 minutes)
- Remove the resulting sauce from the heat and pour it into a medium bowl.
- Stir in the ginger.
- Let the glaze cool covered, and refrigerate it. Serve chilled along your favorite entree and enjoy!
This cranberry sauce can last up to a week if stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator.