This flavorful bread is so good that it can be eaten on its own! It contains a colorful variety of nuts and dried fruits, all of which add a natural sweetness and a richness of nutrients along with lots of dietary fiber. Pecans and pistachios are rich in unsaturated fat, which is helpful in reducing bad cholesterol, thus improving heart health. When dried, goldenberries have a pleasantly tart flavor and are a powerful weapon against diabetes and inflammation. Dried cranberries are famous for their role in maintaining healthy kidneys, while apricots are known for their high beta carotene content.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly oil the bread pan and line it with the parchment paper.(2 minutes)
- Mash the bananas with the fork until smooth. Add the eggs and coconut oil and whisk well.(5 minutes)
- Whisk in the flour, flax seeds, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt. Add honey, if using. Mix everything well to incorporate.(3 minutes)
- Add the nuts and dried fruits. Mix well to evenly distribute all of the ingredients.(2 minutes)
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry.(40 minutes)
- Let it cool completely before slicing. Enjoy it with butter, jam, or on its own!
The beauty of this recipe is that it can be easily customized. The idea is to add two cups of dried fruits and two cups of nuts of whatever variety you currently have on hand. Some other great ingredients to add are dried figs, dates, papaya, or mango as well as walnuts, hazelnuts, or cashews.