This cranberry granola with amaranth pop is delicious with yogurt and fresh fruit. It is crispy, lightly sweet, and - most importantly - loaded with key nutrients, including protein, fats, and complex carbs. It only takes less than half an hour to make, and it will stay fresh and crispy for up to three weeks.
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Place the popped amaranth, rolled oats, shredded coconut, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, and almonds in a bowl and give it a mix.(2 minutes)
- In a small saucepan, melt together the coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.(3 minutes)
- Pour the liquid into the bowl with the dry ingredients and give everything a good mix(3 minutes)
- Spread the mixture out on the baking sheet, and bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Stir the mixture every 5 minutes or so to prevent burning.(20 minutes)
- Take out of the oven and set it aside to cool completely and crisp up. Then transfer to an airtight jar and enjoy!